Quote Ref: DISJUL1703
Discuva is a pioneering world-class drug discovery company, based in Cambridge UK, leading the generation of new antibiotic medicines. This is an exciting opportunity to help a fast moving, dynamic company at the cutting edge of drug discovery.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
You will be working within a fast-paced drug discovery environment with scientists across different disciplines, including microbial genetics, NGS and medicinal chemistry. The role will involve working in a number of different areas on data integration, pipeline development, and data analysis. You should bring a broad range of skills from programming to sequence analysis.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a first degree and ideally a higher degree in Chem-/Bioinformatics or have equivalent work experience
- Have practical experience in processing genome-wide data
- Have practical experience in data mining, and statistical methods
- Have a good understanding of NGS pipelines
- Have experience with UNIX systems, along with expertise in Python or Java or both
- Have good understanding of relational databases, SQL and web-services
- Be familiar with public molecular biology resources, such as GenBank
- Be able to communicate results in a timely manner with clarity and precision
- Have good organisational skills including ability to work on multiple projects
- Have the ability to interact and communicate effectively as part of a team and adapt to the atmosphere of a dynamic research organization
Discuva Ltd., The Merrifield Centre, Rosemary Lane, Cambridge, CB1 3LQ, United Kingdom
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, related to experience & qualifications
Please send a CV and covering letter by email quoting the relevant job reference code to Mrs. Sarah Fordham.